Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Freo Weekend

The sail to Fremantle was very good apart from waking Saturday morning with a migraine and feeling very off, so while Bob & Frank readied the boat to start the trip I went back to the bunk and slept. I woke as we were passing Cottesloe, got up and made myself some brekky so I could deal with the head. We were on the motor all the way as there was no wind.
We had a call from Kat to tell us that she could see us and then we spotted several other yachts closer into shore headed for Fremantle.
We arrived just after Dan & Kat and slipped in, in front of them, successfully tied up to the pier and shortly after the others started arriving.
We helped tie each one up as they came in and all looking forward to the weekend ahead.
I started to put the cushions out into the cockpit, slipped the stern seats up into the cockpit and one was knocked down and landed right onto my big toe. It knocked the wind out of me with the pain as these seats have a wooden base and are quite heavy.
It took sometime for the pain to subside but it was obvious by the state of it that any walking for me on the weekend was out. So I was hobbling around for the rest of the weekend.
Apart from that catastrophe the weekend went really well and all really enjoyed it.
Dinner was in the Fremantle sailing club that night and much hilarity, especially when Rita told Frank to get up and sing the song he had written for the Dockers football team. He was rather embarrassed but did it in good spirits and apart from Grant telling him not to give up his day job did rather well.
I took some pain killers before retiring, hit the pillow and woke at 5.45 feeling much better.
The toe certainly wasn't any better but apart from that I was feeling good.
Frank, Bob & I had a coffee at the club mid morning and then lunch before getting ready to set sail at 2pm. The wind was rather high all morning but it was predicted to lessen later, so we all set off on the return trip. Another motor sail, but Kat & Dan were closer into shore and said they had a good sail. The swell was quite high and at times the coast was blocked as a large swell passed.
Kat & Reid were on the jetty to grab ropes and help us as we came in and then it was happy hour to celebrate another lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment